Thursday 9 February 2012

Bit of a shopping trip...


Hi everyone,

So today I have been doing some spending that I cannot afford... oops. I have been seduced by some new high street foundations that I've seen advertised and wanted to give them a go. Did it stop there? Well... no....

First off I went to Boots and had a look at the Rimmel 'Wake me up Foundation' which claims to take away the fatigued look (which being a student I definitely need) and give a glow. Now although I have combination skin with a fairly oily T-zone I actually prefer a glowing look to my skin as opposed to matte for general everyday wear. I mainly snapped this up because it was on a special offer for £3 off meaning that I got it for £5.99. I got mine in the shade True Nude. I will of course update you with my thoughts on it at a later date.

You can pick one up, for the special offer price here



Whilst at the Rimmel stand I also noticed the Kate Moss collection of lipsticks which completely passed me by until recently. I picked up the nude colour which is No. 3. I love a pink toned nude so I picked this up for a pound off (£4.49)


This is a small close up of my lips with the lipstick on (as the rest of my face looks awful!). I really like it and think it rivals some of my MAC nudes (Plink, Hue, Viva Glam V) in terms of consistency, longevity and how flattering a colour it is.

Again, for the reduced price pick one up here





Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Fawn

So after that needless spending I decided to carry on and headed over to Superdrug whom I knew had Maybelline's new 'Dream Nude Airfoam' foundation for £2 off. I have been intrigued since seeing all the adverts which are constantly popping up everywhere and have heard good reviews on what seem to be similar skintypes to mine so I thought it was worth a go. Like everyone says, you do need to only press the pump slightly as a load comes out at once. I haven't yet tried this on my face but the consistency seems nice on my hand; a fairly light coverage foundation but it looks like it could be buildable. As with Rimmel's offering I will keep you posted!

To get yours on the Introductory price click here



And finally on my beauty spending spree was a genuine repurchase of a necessity! This was L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeliner in Choc (or the brown one as it is known to me). I purchased this a few months ago after having a mini breakdown when I realised that Boots had stopped stocking Prestige products. Up until this point Prestige was the only brand whose kohl eyeliner I trusted to stay on my waterline with no smudge or panda-like effects. I searched around and actually one of the shop assistants recommended me the L'Oreal one as being budge-proof. I have to say I totally agree. It creates a lovely smokey effect (which I find easier to achieve with a brown rather than black) and really does not smudge all day. I love it. It has actually meant that I have stopped wearing winged black liquid liner on my lid every day in preference of a softer look where I line my tight line and water line and then just use mascara. I cannot recommend this enough!


To buy yours click here
L'Oreal Paris Eyeliner Infallible Choc AD 300



So have you tried any of these products? If so what did you think? What beauty products have got you spending your money this week?


Frances x

No comments:

Post a Comment